Facts and figures about the ZBW
The ZBW is the world’s largest specialist library for economics.
Facts and figures:
- Holdings: 4.37 million books and other publications.
- Number of current journal subscriptions: 26,109 titles.
- Increase in books per year: 34,930.
- Increase in working papers per year: 20,455.
- Number of title records in the database ECONIS: 4.9 million.
- Number of documents stored in the digital archive EconStor: 47,512
- Number of staff: 255 persons.
- Seat: The ZBW has two branches. The head office is located on the Kiel Fjord, the other branch is on the Binnenalster in Hamburg.
- Legal form: foundation under public law.
- Founding year: 1919.
- Director: Prof. Dr. Klaus Tochtermann
- Financing: the ZBW is financed jointly by the federal and state governments.
- Total budget: EUR 20.8 million.
- The ZBW is a member of the Leibniz Association.
Pictures: 1, 2, 4: Sönke Wurr, Münchow-Industrie-Fotos
3: Lukas Roth