Vocational training in the ZBW
Media and Information Services Specialist (FaMI)
The training programme for Media and Information Services Specialist has been officially recognised since 1998.
It is offered in both the public and the private sector for five branches of study:
Library, archive, information and documentation, image agency and medical documentation.
The ZBW trains specialists for the branch “Library”.
Duration and place of training:
- 3 years in Kiel or Hamburg (the corresponding vocational school is located in Hamburg).
- Training is organised according to the dual system, which means that the practical training takes place in the library, theoretical instruction takes place at the vocational school.
Contents of the training programme:
- Acquisition, indexing and provision of media units and information
- Modern information and communication techniques
- User services and information brokerage
- Internships in other branches of study
Fields of activity:
- Acquiring, cataloguing and indexing of media units, data and information
- Searching databases
- Informing, advising and supporting customers and users
- Assisting in public relations
Requirements for a training programme in the ZBW:
- You should have a high school diploma or GCSE equivalent with at least above average grades (good marks in German and English).
- You should be interested in books and other media.
- You should enjoy working in the service sector and having direct contact with customers/users.
- You should be able to work in a team.
- You should have basic knowledge of working with a PC.
If you are interested in the training programme for Media and Information Services Specialist in the ZBW or if you have further questions, please contact the persons listed in the right-hand navigation.
Please take note of the corresponding vacancies listed on our homepage in due course.