The editorial department of the ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics produces the journal Intereconomics in cooperation with CEPS – Centre for European Policy Studies, Brussels. Intereconomics is a platform for economic and social policy debates in Europe.
We are looking for a
Member of the Editorial Team (substitute for maternity leave)
at our editorial office in Hamburg
Your tasks …
- editing and proofreading articles on economic policy (with regard to both content and language)
- identifying current economic policy issues
- commissioning articles and liaising with international authors
- the organisation of academic conferences
- managing and updating website and social media accounts
Your profile …
- native speaker of (preferably British) English – or equivalent
- excellent knowledge of English grammar
- university graduate in economics or related field, possibly with some professional working experience in economics, research, editing or publishing
- fluency in German
- ability to tackle material from a broad range of economic policy areas and make it readable
- ability to work as part of a team
- ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- meticulous attention to detail
- experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- experience with social media communication
- confidence to interact with authors by telephone, face-to-face as well as by email
- challenging and varied tasks in a dynamic environment where team work, transparency, innovation and learning are essential
- the public sector pension plan (VBL)
- a work place in the centre of Hamburg
- part-time work is possible
- equal opportunity and family-friendly policies
Remuneration is based on the public sector pay scale at grade EG 13 TV-L. The contract will be fixed-term until 15 September 2019 in accordance with § 14 Abs. 2 Teilzeit- und Befristungsgesetz (TzBfG) with the option of extension. This is a full-time position 38.7 hours per week (minimum of 32 hours per week). The starting date is the 1 May 2018.
Are you interested in joining the editorial team?
Please submit your application with the relevant documents online by 14 February 2018. Please do not submit a photo with your application.
We look forward to meeting you!