The ZBW – Leibniz Information Centre for Economics is the world’s largest information centre for economic literature. The institution holds more than 4 million volumes and enables access to millions of online documents in economics. ZBW is a research-based academic library and a member of the Leibniz Association. In addition, ZBW is scientifically affiliated to the Kiel University and conducts its own application-oriented research in computer science and information science, with a focus on Open Science.
The product management of the subject portal EconBiz is located in the department “Information Provision and Access”. Together with other departments, the search services in EconBiz and the access to publications are optimized. The current needs of researchers and students as well as technological innovations are the basis for further developments. The EconBiz team supports the acquisition of information literacy both through the design of the portal and by offering special services. In addition, the coordination for the international EconBiz partner network is located in the department.
At our unit “Information Provision and Access”, we are looking for an
for the research-based innovation of EconBiz
The position is located in Kiel or Hamburg (depending on the applicant’s preferences), Germany, and will start on February 1st 2020 or the earliest possible date after that. This is a full-time position (currently 38.7 hours per week), part-time work is possible to a certain extent. We offer a contract that is initially fixed to a period of 4 years in accordance with § 2 Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz (WissZeitVG), with remuneration based on the public sector pay scale at grade EG 13 TV-L. (Information on TV-L)
Your tasks …
- Research-based innovation of EconBiz by taking up the latest research results and evaluating their use in EconBiz in accordance with the EconBiz product management and in exchange with the software development team.
- Project management of your own projects related to further developments as well as exchange on these topics with other departments
- Collaboration in the implementation of innovative functionalities taking into account results from application-oriented computer science research
- Participation in third-party funded projects and their applications
- Supervision of student works in the EconBiz context
… essential qualifications / skills – you have:
- Master's degree in computer science or comparable subject (also included are applicants who have not yet obtained a formal degree at the time of application, but who have already passed all examinations).
- Good command of English
desirable – you have:
- Experience in project management
- Interest in questions in the context of information transfer (e.g. information retrieval, semantic technologies, etc.)
- Interest in business and economic topics and working methods
We expect you to be able to go on business trips and occasional day trips to the respective other location of ZBW.
- a manifold task in a dynamic environment where team work, transparency, innovation, and continuous learning are essential
- the public sector pension plan (VBL)
- a work place at the Fjord of Kiel or in the centre of Hamburg.
- Part-time work is possible.
- Equal opportunity and family-friendly policies.
Are you interested in joining the team?
Apply online now (ID-Nr. C3-01).
Do you have any qustions?
For further information please contact Dr. Tamara Pianos (t.pianos@, Tel. +49-431-8814-365). zbw.eu
Please submit your application with the relevant documents online by October 27th, 2019. Please do not submit a photo with your application.
We look forward to meeting you!