The ZBW is the world’s largest specialist library for economics.
Figures of the ZBW (2019):
- Holdings: 4.42 million books and other publications.
- Number of current journal subscriptions: 26,116 titles.
- Book acquisitions: 34,318.
- Newly acquired working papers: 16,794.
- Number of datasets in the Online Catalogue: 6.09 million.
- Number of documents in the repository EconStor: 187,146.
- Number of staff: 271.
- Seat: The ZBW has two branches, one on the Firth of Kiel, the other on the Binnenalster in Hamburg.
- Legal form: foundation under public law.
- Founding year: 1919.
- Director: Professor Klaus Tochtermann
- Financing: The ZBW is financed jointly by the federal and state governments.
- Budget: 23.50 million EUR.
- The ZBW is a member of the Leibniz Association.