The Journal of Comments and Replications in Economics (JCRE) aims to be the premier outlet for articles that comment on or replicate previously published articles in economics and closely related disciplines. Because many journals are reluctant to publish comments and replications, JCRE was founded to provide an outlet for research that explores whether published results are correct, robust, or generalizable. JCRE is supported by the Joachim Herz Foundation.
At our department of Digital Economics we are looking for a
Managing Editor for the Journal of Replications and Comments in Economics
The position is located in Hamburg or Kiel (depending on the applicant’s preferences), Germany, and will start as soon as possible. This is a half-time position (currently 19,35 hours per week), part-time work is possible to a certain extent. We offer a contract that is initially fixed to a period of 22 months in accordance with § 14 Absatz 1 Teilzeit- und Befristungsgesetz (TzBfG), with remuneration based on the public sector pay scale at grade EG 13 TV-L.
Your tasks …
- Formal check of submissions made to the Journal of Comments and Replications in Economics (JCRE)
- Coordination of the peer review process in the electronic submission system and development and implementation of new procedures
- Communication with authors and editors
- Editing of manuscripts for publication
- Development of marketing measures for JCRE in cooperation with the editors
- Development of other measures supportig reproducibility and synthesis in economics in cooperation with the head of department
Your profile …
- Master’s degree in economics or in a related field with a broad set of economics courses taken
- Good empirical skills (statistics or econometrics)
- Fluency in English
- Accuracy, independent way of working
- Good coordination skills
- Experience with own scientific publications or with replicating published work
- Experience with journal management
- Experience with projects involving external stakeholders
- Good team work skills
We expect you to be able to go on business trips and day trips to the respective other location of ZBW.
- an exciting task in a diverse environment where you can directly put forth your ideas and where both teamwork and room for personal development are essential
- a work place in the centre of Hamburg or on the Firth of Kiel in a welcoming department
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home (from a residence in Germany)
- a subsidized job ticket for public transportation
- old-age provision for the public sector (VBL)
- part-time work is possible depending on the operational requirements at the time
- equal opportunity and family-friendly policies
Are you interested in joining the team?
Apply online now (ID-No. C4-01).
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Marianne Saam (m.saam[at]zbw-online.eu, Tel.: 0049-40-42834-291).
Diversity is a core value of our organization. We welcome applications regardless of nationality, ethnicity, social background, gender expression of gender characteristics, religion or philosophy, age, sexual orientation, and identity.
The ZBW has an equal opportunities policy for persons with recognized disabilities. Disabled persons with the necessary qualifications will therefore be given priority.
You can find further information about our recruiting process on our career website.
Please submit your application with the relevant documents (such as cover letter, diplomas, certificates, or references), quoting the identification number C4-01 online by November 16th, 2023.
We look forward to meeting you!