The ZBW – Leibniz Information Centre for Economics is the world’s largest information centre for economic literature. The institution holds more than 4 million volumes and enables access to millions of online documents in economics. The ZBW is a research-based academic library and a member of the Leibniz Association. In addition, the ZBW is scientifically affiliated to the Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel.
The ZBW, together with the Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS) in Brussels, edits Intereconomics, an English-language academic journal that provides a platform for economic and social policy debates in Europe.
Intereconomics is looking for a Hamburg-based
Member of the Editorial Team (part-time 19.35 hours/week)
Your tasks …
- editing and proofreading articles on economic policy (with regard to both content and language)
- identifying current economic policy issues
- commissioning articles and liaising with authors at European and international levels
- the organisation of academic conferences
- managing and updating website and social media accounts
Your profile …
- native speaker of (preferably British) English – or equivalent
- excellent knowledge of English grammar
- university graduate in economics or related field,
- fluency in German
- ability to tackle material from a broad range of economic policy areas and make it readable
- ability to work as part of a team
- ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- meticulous attention to detail
- experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- experience with social media communication
- confidence to interact with authors by telephone, face-to-face as well as by email
- challenging and varied tasks in a dynamic environment where team work, transparency, innovation and learning are essential
- the public sector pension plan (VBL)
- a work place in the centre of Hamburg
- part-time work is possible
- equal opportunity and family-friendly policies
Remuneration is based on the public sector pay scale at grade EG 13 TV-L. The contract will be fixed-term until 14 September 2019 in accordance with § 14 Abs. 2 Teilzeit- und Befristungsgesetz (TzBfG) with the option of extension. The starting date is (possibly) the 15 September 2018.
Are you interested in joining the editorial team?
Apply online now (ID-Nr. C1-03).
For further information please contact Brigitte Preissl (until August, 6th; b.preissl@, Tel.: 0049-40-42834-306) or Cora Wacker-Theodorakopoulus (after August, 6th; zbw.euc.wacker@, Tel.: 0049-40-42834-304). zbw.eu
The foundation aims to increase the proportion of women in its staff and encourages suitably qualified women to apply. Female candidates will be given priority in the case of equal suitability, competence and professional performance.
The ZBW has an equal opportunities policy for persons with recognised disabilities. Disabled persons with the necessary qualifications will therefore be given priority.
Please submit your application with the relevant documents online by August 23th 2018. Please do not submit a photo with your application.
We look forward to meeting you!