The ZBW – Leibniz Information Centre for Economics is the world’s largest information centre for economic literature. The institution holds more than 4 million volumes and enables access to millions of online documents in economics. The ZBW is a research-based academic library and a member of the Leibniz Association. In addition, the ZBW is scientifically affiliated to the Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel.
The ZBW, together with the Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS) in Brussels, edits Intereconomics, an English-language academic journal that provides a platform for economic and social policy debates in Europe. Further information on the journal can be found at www.intereconomics.eu.
Intereconomics is looking for a Hamburg-based
Member of the Editorial Team
Your tasks …
- editing and proofreading articles on economic policy (with regard to both content and language)
- identifying current economic policy issues
- commissioning articles and liaising with authors at European and international levels
- the organisation of academic conferences
- managing and updating website and social media accounts
Your profile …
- native speaker of (preferably British) English – or equivalent
- excellent knowledge of English grammar
- university graduate in economics or related field, possibly with some professional working experience in economics, research, editing or publishing
- fluency in German
- ability to tackle material from a broad range of economic policy areas and make it readable
- ability to work as part of a team
- ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- meticulous attention to detail
- experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- experience with social media communication
- confidence to interact with authors by telephone, face-to-face as well as by email
- challenging and varied tasks in a dynamic environment where team work, transparency, innovation and learning are essential
- the public sector pension plan (VBL)
- a work place in the centre of Hamburg
- part-time work is possible
- equal opportunity and family-friendly policies
Remuneration is based on the public sector pay scale at grade EG 13 TV-L. The contract will be fixed-term until 15 September 2019 in accordance with § 14 Abs. 2 Teilzeit- und Befristungsgesetz (TzBfG) with the option of extension. This is a full-time position 38.7 hours per week (minimum of 32 hours per week). The starting date is (possibly) the 1 August 2018.
Are you interested in joining the editorial team?
Apply online now (ID-Nr. C1-02).
Please submit your application with the relevant documents online by 7 June 2018. Please do not submit a photo with your application.
We look forward to meeting you!
Download job offer as PDF