The research of the ZBW focuses in computer science, especially in the field of information Retrieval, Web Science and research data management. A total of 23 researchers are active in this group at the ZBW.
At our Kiel location, we are looking for a
PhD student (f/m/d)
to join our Information Profiling and Retrieval group starting from January 1st, 2022. The position is part of a third-party-funded project. Salary is based on EG 13 TV-L (full-time, currently 38.7 hours/week). According to § 2 of the federal law of Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz (WissZeitVG), the position is initially limited until 28.02.2025.
- collaboration with project partner within a third-party-funded project in the area of AI and the conception and development of a cloud-solution based on microservices
- integration of AI-based approaches from the fields of information retrieval, recommender systems and natural language processing
- research in the area of deep learning for text and graph data
Your profile …
- a Master’s degree in computer science, information technology, business information systems or a related technical scientific discipline
- established knowledge in at least one programming language and programming experience in challenging software-projects
- experience in (collaborative) software development and source code management, e.g. git-based; experience in Software documentation
- very good command of written and spoken English or very good command of written and spoken German
- affinity to the aforementioned topics, furthermore to the research area of semantic technologies, text mining, machine learning
- scientific interest in AI methods and their practical application
- experience with common project management methods, in software management and in the continuous integration of new or further developed components into productive operation, as well as in the automation of build and deployment processes for updates and further developments
- teamwork and cooperation capability, especially the communicative, interdisciplinary and intercultural competence as well as the willingness to engage with different parties and interest
Readiness for occasional business trips caused by project meetings or conferences is expected.
- exciting opportunities in a dynamic and innovative environment in which cross-departmental teamwork, transparency, open innovation processes and continuous further training are indispensable,
- old-age provision for the public sector (VBL)
- a job at the firth of Kiel in a friendly team
- part-time employment (upon request) is generally possible depending on the operational requirements
- equal opportunity and family-friendly policies
You feel encouraged?
Then take the next step now and apply online (ID no. D3-05).
Do you have any questions with regard to the position?
Then please contact bewerbungen[at]zbw.eu.
ZBW endeavours to increase the proportion of women in this field and therefore urges women with the appropriate qualifications to apply. Women will be given priority in the case of equal suitability, competence and professional performance.
Diversity is one of our core organisational values. We therefore welcome applications regardless of nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, age, sexual orientation or identity.
ZBW is committed to the employment of people with disabilities. Severely handicapped persons and persons of equal status are given preferential treatment if they are suitably qualified.
In the light of the current pandemic and to protect all of us, our job interviews will be held remotely via video conferencing.
You can find further information about our recruiting process on our career website.
Please submit a short letter of motivation, curriculum vitae and your transcript of records only by November 30th, 2021. Please do not submit a photo with your application.
We look forward to meeting you!