The ZBW is the world’s largest specialist library for economics.
Figures of the ZBW (2020):
- Holdings: 4.39 million books and other publications.
- Number of current journal subscriptions: 24,546 titles.
- Book acquisitions: 99,567.
- Newly acquired working papers: 22,281.
- Number of titles in EconBiz: 10.9 million.
- Number of documents in the repository EconStor: 205,809.
- Number of staff: 268.
- Seat: The ZBW has two branches, one on the Firth of Kiel, the other on the Binnenalster in Hamburg.
- Legal form: foundation under public law.
- Founding year: 1919.
- Director: Professor Klaus Tochtermann
- Financing: The ZBW is financed jointly by the federal and state governments.
- Budget: 24.78 million EUR.
- The ZBW is a member of the Leibniz Association.