- Research assistant and Post Doc
- Social Media and Web 2.0, in particular user-generated content
- Evaluation methods
- Knowledge management
- Design of incentives and motivation, in particular feedback
- Human-machine interactions
- Science 2.0
- 2001 - 2008
Studies of Psychology at the University of Mannheim minoring in Business Studies
- 2009 - 2013
Research assistant at the FZI Research Center for Information Technology in Karlsruhe (evaluation, statistical analysis and implementation of academic studies)
PhD (magna cum laude) at the Institute of Information Systems and Marketing at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
PhD Thesis: "Feedback and incentives for the use of Web 2.0 services"
- since 01/2014
Post Doc at the University of Kiel (CAU);
Research assistant at the ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics
Reviewer for contributions to journals and conferences:
- Journal of Information Systems Education
- Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce
- it - Information Technology (ad hoc)
- Webology (ad hoc)
- Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology (ad hoc)
- Journal of Applied Research in Workspace E-learning (discontinued)
- DBW special issue “Social Media”
- iConference 2017, Wuhan, China, 22-25 March 2017 – Track Data Analytics and Evaluation, Track Online Communities und Track Distributed Learning.
- Open Science Conference 2017, Berlin, 21-22 March 2017 – Track Project Presentations.
- GOR 2017, Berlin, 15-17 March 2017 – Track Big Data and Data Science und Track Internet Surveys, Mobile Web, and Online Research Methodology.
- ACM CHI 2016, San Jose, CA, USA, 7-12 May 2016.
- ACM CSCW 2016, San Francisco, CA, USA, 27 February - 2 March 2016.
- GOR 2016, Cologne, 2-4 March 2016 – Track Data Science for Policy and Business und Track Science 2.0 & Open Science.
- iConference 2016, Philadelphia, PA, USA, 20-23 March 2016 – Track Data Analytics and Evaluation, Track Online Communities und Track Distributed Learning.
- i-KNOW 2015, Graz, 21-22 October 2015 – Track Science 2.0 & Open Science.
- iConference 2015, Newport Beach, CA, USA, 24-27 March 2015 – Track Data Analytics and Evaluation, Track Online Communities und Track Distributed Learning.
- 19th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2011), Helsinki, 9-11 June 2011 - Track 2: Business Process Management and Track 10: Human Computer Interaction.
- 10th International Conference for Business Information Technology (WI 2011), Zürich, 16-18 February 2011 - Track 1: IS in services.
- Member of the programmme committee of the Open Science barcamp "Putting Science 2.0 and Open Science into practice", Open Science Conference 2017 (OSC 2017) in Berlin.
- Member of the programme committee of the second conference "ACM SIGIR Conference on Human Information Interaction and Retrieval 2017" (CHIIR 2017) in Oslo.
- Conference session chair on the subject of „Reputation and the Digital Footprint“ at the second European Conference on Social Media (ECSM 2015) in Porto.
- Member of the organizing committee for the workshop "Following User Pathways: Cross Platform and Mixed Methods Analysis in Social Media Studies", ACM Conference Human Factors in Computing Systems 2016 (CHI 2016) in San Jose.
- Member of the organizing committee for the workshop "Crowd Dynamics: Exploring Conflicts and Contradictions in Crowdsourcing", ACM Conference Human Factors in Computing Systems 2016 (CHI 2016) in San Jose.
- Member of the organizing committee for the workshop "Toward a Typology of Participation in Crowdwork", ACM Conference Computer-Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing 2016 (CSCW 2016) in San Francisco.
- Member of the organizing committee for the second international workshop on "Motivational and Affective Aspects of Technology Enhanced Learning" at the European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning 2011 (EC-TEL 2011) in Palermo.
- Member of the organizing committee for the workshop "Motivation and cultural barriers to sharing knowledge in the enterprise 2.0" at the conference "Mensch und Computer 2011 (M&C 2011) in Chemnitz.
- Member of the organizing committee for the workshop "Motivational, social and cultural aspects in knowledge management" at the conference on Professional Knowledge Management 2011 (WM 2011) in Innsbruck.
- Member of the organizing committee for the workshop "Motivational and Affective Aspects of Technology Enhanced Learning and Web 2.0" at the European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning 2010 (EC-TEL 2010) in Barcelona.
- Member of the programme committee for the workshop "Open Design Spaces" at the conference "Mensch & Computer 2009 (M&C 2009)" in Berlin.
- Jury member of „Förderung Online-Forschung 2015“ and „Förderung Online-Forschung 2016“ of the DGOF (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Online-Foschung e.V.).
- *metrics – MEasuring The Reliability and perception of Indicators for interactions with sCientific productS
The main focus of *metrics, which is funded by the DFG, is on gaining a deeper understanding of alternative indicators for measuring scientific performance. Collaborator since the beginning of 2017.
Evaluation of services for the collection and processing of varied location-related data by means of mobile end devices (e.g. smartphones) in the project „PartSense“ which was funded by the Federal Ministry for Education and Research.
Collaborator since the end of 2012.
Study of possible applications for semantic wikis in the area of software development in the research project "GlobaliSE.
Collaborator from mid-2011 until the end of the project (mid-2012).
Statistical analysis and presentation of representative and empirical studies (in-depth studies) on knowledge maturation. The core mission was to indentify barriers in knowledge management. These actitivites took place within the framework of the EU project "MATURE", whose consortium reunited 12 partners in 5 countries.
Collaborator from 2009 until the end of the project (mid-2012).
- Commercial projects:
Collaborator in various consulting projects for companies wishing to optimise their knowledge management, e-learning and social media. Activities included requirement engineering with semi-structured interviews and consulting for the introduction of knowledge management applications and gamification for companies such as Daimler AG and Bilfinger SE.
Conference Papers (peer reviewed)
Can We Count on Social Media Metrics? First Insights into the Active Scholarly Use of Social Media
AR in order-picking – experimental evidence with Microsoft HoloLens
Gamification und Augmented Reality für Lagerprozesse
Gam-R – Gamification Reloaded
Gamification: Eine experimentelle Untersuchung der Spielelemente Abzeichen und Story
Facebook und seine Tücken – ein Experiment an einer Bibliothek
Evaluating altmetrics acts through their creators – how to advance?
Analyse wissenschaftlicher Konferenz-Tweets mittels Codebook und der Software Tweet Classifier
Welche Gamification motiviert? Ein Experiment zu Abzeichen, Feedback, Fortschrittsanzeige und Story
Following User Pathways: Cross Platform and Mixed Methods Analysis in Social Media Studies
Tweets and Scientific Conferences: The Use Case of the Science 2.0 Conference – Revisited
Quo Vadis German Scholarly Communication in Economics?
Tweets and Scientific Conferences: The use Case of the Science 2.0 Conference
Articles in Other Journals
Twittern bei wissenschaftlichen Konferenzen: Männer sind anders, und Frauen auch
Social Media und deren Nutzung in den Wirtschaftswissenschaften
Articles (peer reviewed)
Science 2.0 and Conference Tweets: What? Where? Why? When?
Working papers, Reports and other Contributions
Nutzung von Social-Media-Diensten in den Wirtschaftswissenschaften. Ergebnisbericht einer Online-Befragung unter wissenschaftlich Tätigen der Wirtschaftswissenschaften an deutschen Hochschulen und Forschungseinrichtungen 2013. Eine empirische Untersuchun